Dental veneers can give you enriched, pearly white teeth to boost your smile and confidence. They are one of the most standard aesthetic restorations in dentistry available today and, when done correctly, can look like natural teeth.
If you want a beautiful new smile, make a consultation at Brighton Dental in Salt Lake City, Utah, to find more information about veneers and decide if they are appropriate for your purposes. Dr. Carroll will aid in improving the size, color, length, or shape of the affected teeth to transform your smile.
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are ceramic appliances fabricated from tooth-colored, dental-grade porcelain. They are razor-thin and are bonded to the front surface of the teeth using dental cement. Veneers are widely used to treat teeth imperfections such as chipped, cracked, widely spaced, badly worn out, or yellowed teeth. As they are fabricated from tooth-colored material, it is almost impossible to tell them apart from your natural teeth.
Why Should You Choose Dental Veneers?
- Veneers are highly customized restorations.
- Veneers can give a discreet appearance as they are made of tooth-colored material that blends in well with the natural enamel color.
- Veneers are highly durable. They do not wear out quickly.
- They do not interfere with your regular oral functions, such as chewing or biting food.
- They are long-lasting. With appropriate care, they can last for several years.
- Veneers are simple restorations. The treatment procedure involved may only take one or two visits to the dental office to get them done.
What Is the Procedure For Veneers?
During the initial visit, Dr. Carroll will conduct a thorough exam of the teeth. This will allow us to get a better idea of their condition and develop a suitable treatment procedure. Next, we will extract a thin layer of enamel from the tooth to better attach the veneer. Then an exact digital mold of the teeth is taken and used as a reference for fabricating the restoration.
The digital mold and the statistics from the scan are then sent to a dental laboratory where the veneer will be made with exact precision. When ready, the veneer will be bonded onto your tooth using dental adhesives. A curing light will then be flashed to harden the bond. A bite test will ensure your bite hasn't changed and that you are comfortable with the restoration.
If you are interested to learn more about dental veneers and how our dentist Dr. Carroll can transform your smile with them, don't hesitate to call us at Brighton Dental in Salt Lake City, Utah, at (801) 943-2020 schedule an appointment.