An aligned set of straight teeth are not just beautiful; they are also more comfortable and healthier. There are several good reasons for spending for a restored, straighter smile. Irregular teeth can affect the ability to bite and chew, and crooked teeth often cause unhealthy gums and teeth. At Brighton Dental in Salt Lake City, Utah, we are happy to provide advanced Invisalign clear removable aligners for our patients.
What Is Invisalign?
Invisalign system employs a series of aligners to help you correctly align your teeth and gain a proper bite. The aligners are fabricated from smooth, transparent plastic that is virtually invisible, so people will not know that you are wearing “braces.” Similar to metal braces, the Invisalign system slowly shifts your teeth into the correct position. Each set of aligners must be worn continuously for two weeks before changing to the next set in the series. As the aligners can be removed, you can brush and floss your teeth more efficiently than you would with traditional braces.
What Are the Advantages of Invisalign Treatment?
- Invisalign aligners are clear and transparent, meaning nobody will notice that you are using braces to correct your dental flaws.
- They are easy and comfortable to wear. With Invisalign braces, you don't need to have anxieties about the metal wires scraping the sides of your mouth.
- Invisalign aligners are removable. This means that before eating, you can remove them, and it also gives you the flexibility to brush and floss normally.
- If the aligners get damaged, you don’t need to have them repaired. Just begin using the next aligners in the series.
- The patients can achieve a smile that they have always desired.
What Is the Invisalign Process?
At Brighton Dental, the first step is we will take a 3D digital scan of your teeth. A virtual representation of how your straightened teeth will look once the Invisalign procedure is complete can be demonstrated to you. This scanned image allows Dr. Carroll to check your bite and accordingly plan each tooth's precise movement.
The three-dimensional scan acts as the framework for the fabrication of your aligner trays, which take about a couple of weeks to get ready. When you start wearing the Invisalign aligners, the teeth will begin to slowly move. A series of aligners are provided, which must be changed once every two weeks and should be continued until your teeth have moved to the best position.
A retainer should be worn after the Invisalign procedure is concluded. It ensures the alignment of the teeth is retained so that they do not move back to their previous location.
To get started on your Invisalign, call Brighton Dental in Salt Lake City, Utah, at (801) 943-2020 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Carroll.