Crowns are one of the most widely used dental restorations out there because of their multi-purpose nature. They can be used in any one of several cosmetic and restorative dental procedures. Oral disorders such as cracked or chipped teeth, broken teeth, worn-out teeth, or teeth that are too weak can be strengthened and restored using crowns. Since they are fabricated from tooth-colored ceramic material, they provide a discreet appearance when lined up with natural teeth.
We offer dental crowns at Brighton Dental in Salt Lake City, Utah, to help bring back your self-image and help you to smile again with confidence.
Why Choose Dental Crowns?
- Crowns are highly resilient and offer excellent durability, quite similar to natural teeth.
- Crowns are simple restorations fixed to the teeth using dental adhesives.
- The oral functions of the mouth will be restored, and you will be able to bite and chew food like before.
- Crowns cover the tooth entirely, thus preventing the entry of bacteria into the root canal through cracks or cavities.
- Crowns can help restore an already fractured tooth or a damaged pre-existing crown
- Crowns can conceal a stained or poorly shaped tooth
- Crowns made from tooth-colored ceramic material are almost impossible to differentiate from the neighboring natural teeth.
- Dental crowns with meticulous oral care and regular dental check-ups may last for a long time.
- They can replace a massive filling when there is not sufficient tooth structure remaining.
- Crowns can be used to conceal dental implants.
How Is a Dental Crown Bonded?
When you visit us for your first consultation, Dr. Carroll will perform a thorough exam of your teeth to gauge the severity of the condition. Your fitness for the restoration will be determined, and you will be prepared for the procedure. He will first prepare the tooth receiving the crown by removing a thin layer of enamel from it to make space for the new crown. An accurate digital mold of the tooth will be taken and sent to a dental laboratory to fabricate the crown.
We will thoroughly clean your teeth during the subsequent visit and scratch the tooth using an etching solution. This helps in making the crown bond solidly to the tooth. Dental cement is used to fix the crown to the tooth and hardened using laser light. Finally, we will conduct a bite test to ensure the restorations fit correctly and you don’t feel any uneasiness. The crown will be cleaned and polished so that it blends with that of your adjoining teeth perfectly.
To get started on your dental crowns, call Brighton Dental in Salt Lake City, Utah, at (801) 943-2020 to schedule an appointment with Dr. Carroll.